Thursday, October 9, 2014

Silas Nathaniel Listander!

Announcing our precious baby boy #3! Silas Nathaniel Listander. Due February 24th, 2015. Wow. Seriously so shocked by another boy. I thought for sure this time around that we were having a girl. Not that I preferred a girl, but I was just so sick all day during the first trimester. I lost 10 pounds! And I was so sure based on timing that a girl was coming. And that made me nervous. I've become accustomed to cars, dirt, blocks, playing catch, lincoln logs, and lots of "hit the ball" (baseball). I wasn't so sure I was ready for playing princess and dolls. No need to worry any longer. I am so excited for another boy. As for why we picked the name Silas Nathaniel. As soon as we found out we were having another boy, I told Edward we needed to pick a name that day. I really like to be able to personalize the little life inside of me as soon as possible. We had a girl name picked, but no boy name. So we started throwing out ideas. We knew we wanted another biblical name and so ideas were thrown out, some serious, some not so much: "Moses he can be called Mo", "Jonah, but he ran away so maybe not", "darn those siblings of mine for picking the good ones: Micah, Luke, Benjamin" and then I said, "how about Silas?". Edward wasn't sold right away and we kept brainstorming, but then we got home and started looking at the meanings of names. I saw a few websites that claimed Silas means "third" and I said, "Look it's meant to be, our third boy!"Edward liked that and so we started thinking about a middle name. Edward mentioned Nathaniel and the meaning is "gift of God". We put the two meanings together: "third gift of God" and decided that would be the perfect name.  

Waving hello at 10 weeks!

18 Weeks! Measuring 9 ounces.



1 comment:

  1. So excited for baby Silas! Cannot wait to meet this little one!

    ReplyDelete