Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Picture Update and Zoo Trip

I have been so behind in my posting!

So back around 31 weeks I took a picture of my growing pregnant belly at the zoo. Eddie and I were going to visit the new baby giraffe, which was only one week old. Ironically, I went to the zoo with his sister the exact morning that the giraffe was born (its fur was still wet from the birth!) the week prior. This was also exciting because I had been at the giraffe exhibit when I was 23 weeks pregnant, was informed by a tour bus that one of the giraffes was pregnant, and took my picture with the pregnant giraffe in the background. So I told Eddie about the cute baby giraffe and told him we should go see it. So, we braved the crowds on Memorial Day Weekend (not as bad as we thought) and went to see it.

Here is a picture of me at 23 weeks with the pregnant giraffe in the background:





Here is the new baby giraffe sitting:

So cute!

While we were there, we found out from a tour bus passing by that the baby was a boy. I immediately wanted to name it Joshua giraffe, not just because we have a giraffe theme with Joshua, but we also pray for Joshua every night with a stuffed giraffe (named Joshua giraffe) that plays music. The tour guide then   announced that the giraffe was born with a problem with its foot and needed a cast. Eddie looked at me and said, "Are they going to say his name is Joshua?" Knowing that Joshua has a problem with his right foot we immediately wanted to see which foot was affected with the baby giraffe. So we waited and waited for the baby to stand up and finally...

He stood! And with the cast on his right front foot. 

The tour guide went on to say that the giraffe has not yet been named, but to us, this giraffe is going to be Joshua giraffe. A little ray of hope in the midst of all that has been going on. 

Joshua giraffe with his mama

And last but not least, pictures of me at 31 weeks!



Baby Joshua with Joshua giraffe in the background. 

No comments:

Post a Comment